Sunday, December 23, 2007

Happy Christmas.

I became a Christian when I was 14 -almost 15- years old. Since then, I've had nice thoughts about how we should take care of the planet.


You know, pretending to be environmentally aware isn't nearly as fun as actually walking out the simple steps that everyone can take to care for our brothers and sisters across the globe. It seems so beyond us, but the reality that we can make such subtle differences in our environment has really been transforming me into an optimistic person.

I'm reading this book called, "Serve God, Save the Planet". You probably should, too.

Early this morning, between snooze buttons, I had a pleasant mini-dream.
I was married to someone that I respect.
We planted a tree in the backyard.
As unrealistic as it may have been, it was nice to finally have a dream that didn't end in violence.


Dear Klaus,
Even though you knocked over the Christmas tree, breaking about a dozen ornaments, you have been especially cute lately. Thanks for being nice to my friends. Your ears smell funny, but your fur is so soft that I could cry. I'm really glad that your tiny head is propped up on my arm, but I have to go to the bathroom... so stop being so adorable.
Love forever,
katie.

No comments: