Thursday, January 10, 2008

provoked.

i got hit hard; i'm on the ground.
and if you swing again i'll duck.
and i wish you the best of luck.
you deserve yourself,
and i'll return from my trip to hell
as a headless horseman.

cause, oh, what a loss.
i went back to get my stuff
and it was tangled up and tough.
i stood there and stood you down,
and walked aimlessly around
with a flaming pumpkin head

oh, what a loss.
your soft hands replaced by claws.
you turn me into a stray dog,
from a mighty human man

oh, what a loss.
oh, what a loss.
i miss my closest friend.
and now i cling to rocks and wind.
it's a precious thing we lost.

-The Microphones.



I think we all know that I've never really been one for romance. My fanatical views on chastity and my relational incompetence send me running away from... let's call them pursuers... the moment that intentions turn the slightest shade of pink.
But somehow, about once a year, I commit myself to a truly complicated friendship.
I tend to become supremely attached to these boys. In return, these boys often grow to be rather fond of me in a supremely platonic way. Much like a baby sister. Or a tree.
Things never sour. They never disappoint, and I never change. However, things unfailingly come to a screeching halt when they discover that daylight's wasting, and there are pretty girls all around. I don't know if I'll ever get out of this cycle.

This song always provokes the same memories in me.


Now, I don't think I'm a bad looking lady. I certainly think that I have a pleasant personality.
So, when will you dudes wise up? Seriously.







Sometime soon I'll blog about what is actually consuming my thoughts.
Atlanta, how criminal you are.

No comments: