Tuesday, July 8, 2008

it all makes so much sense!


Until now, I've never understood why parents wouldn't let their children go to concerts.
I was always allowed to go, but my friends had trouble getting permission.
Seriously, I've been to, like, a thousand "shows" or "concerts" in my day, and I have never once encountered something that would make me think, "boy, I'm glad my parents don't know about this!"

It occurred to me last Saturday night, while sitting in the Fox Theater just why my generation's parents would be so nervous about allowing their little babies to experience the brutal world of rock and roll...

because they themselves are nuckin futs!

Seriously. They can't hang.
It was exclusively the middle+ aged men and women who were out of their assigned seats, running up and down the isles, drinking excessive amounts of smuggled liquor, screaming, flailing, bumping, "upgrading" themselves to stolen seats...

I've never met a teenager who does that. I mean, they're crappy just because they're teenagers... but at least they keep it to themselves!
Pull yourselves together!

1 comment:

shaikens said...

Hahaha, I totally know what you mean. My dad took me to see Jethro Tull a few months ago and everyone was sitting the whole entire time...