Saturday, June 23, 2007

strange.

I'm slowly reacquainting myself back to Atlanta. It's not so bad. It's pretty muggy, but entertaining. I never ever thought I'd want to be anywhere other than this city. Not in the slightest.



Went to Ru Sans with a moderately large group of people tonight.
At dinner, discovered that I no longer have a nannying job... from the person who has taken it over.

Stopped by Rathbun's to get my old job back (as they said they wanted me to)... but they are over staffed.

So... I need a job. Kinda bad.

However, my dad gave me an IKEA gift card for my 22nd or 23rd birthday Thursday night*... so I may be able to live off of hotdogs for a while. And slushies.
Don't get me wrong. I'm terribly greatful for it, and it is exactly what I wanted for my birthday. I bought a duvet cover and a filing cabinet to put under my desk.

And our AC is broken again. It's a furnace in here. And not the Joanna Newsom kind. It is most certainly not "full of love that's just and earnest". It's full of sweat that's sticky and icky.

I get to go to church tomorrow for the first time in 6 or 7 weeks. I'm more than a little excited.

AND, Klaus came home to me. He is still the cuddliest cat in the world. And hopefully he will catch the mouse that is still abiding in our kitchen. Or, one day we may discover the two of them spooning under the dishwasher. He's just that loving.

And as soon as I start making money again, I will buy German, French, and Italian computer games. I have a growing obsession with languages.


* I turn 21 on July 4th.

Troy... give me my guitars back!

No comments: